Kendon Medical Supplies Tvl. (Pty) Ltd started trading on the 1st February 1986, offering the convenience of a “one-stop” purchasing point for a wide range of Medical, Surgical and Pharmaceutical supplies. Focused on the private General Practitioner.
We are authorised distributors of 3M Company, Johnson & Johnson Ltd, Smith & Nephew Ltd, BSN Medical, Clinisut Sutures, Welch Allyn and many other local manufacturers.
Sole distribution rights in South Africa for Neomedic UK Ltd, Prameta (Germany) and Clement Clarke International UK and are distributors for Gima (Italy), S R R Surgical (Pakistan), GST Corporation and United Poly Engineering, both based in India.
Current company operations include distribution to the following market sectors:
- Medical practices (all specialities including Pathology, Oncology & Radiology).
- Occupational Health facilities.
- Community Health & Municipal Health services
- Hospitals and Clinics (both private and state owned)
- Retirement and aged care facilities.
- Emergency, first aid and trauma facilities.
- Retail Pharmacies.
- Bulk distribution to re-sellers, wholesalers and other healthcare distributors.
- Export markets: Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and less frequently to other Indian Ocean islands and sub-Saharan countries.
We are looking at expanding our footprint in Southern Africa, consolidating our position in the bulk distribution field where new products coming under our control will play a role, increasing our capabilities in the 9 provinces and selectively entering new market sectors.
In addition, Government and Provincial markets may play a bigger role than previously.